Visitors to the Branson/ Tri Lakes Area will discover some of the best freshwater fishing in North America. Trout, Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Blue Gills - it's as simple as dropping a line for a trophy catch on any of our three thriving lakes. Fishing tournaments sponsors by America's top sports organizations as well as local chapters are regular events throughout the year.
· DAILY FISHING PERMIT: $7.00 - May be purchased by residents and nonresidents for multiple days.
· RESIDENT YEARLY FISHING PERMIT: $12
· RESIDENT HUNTING AND FISHING PERMIT: $19 - For fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish and live bait, birds except turkey, mammals except deer, and to sell furbearers taken by hunting. (The hunting regulations booklet outlines additional permits needed to hunt migratory birds.)
· NONRESIDENT FISHING PERMIT: $42
· TROUT PERMIT: $7, YOUTH (6 - 15): $3.50 - You must also have a fishing permit. A trout permit is not needed where a daily trout tag is required. If you are between the age of 16 and 65, you need a Missouri fishing license before you can legally catch fish. A license is also required for non-residents of Missouri over 65 years of age.
· WHIITE RIVER BORDER LAKES PERMIT: $10 - Allows Missouri and Arkansas residents to pursue, lake possess (except trout), and transport fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, and live bait from the other state’s portion of the impounded waters of Bill Shoals, Norfork, and Table Rock lakes without purchasing a Nonresident Fishing Permit. Must also have a fishing permit or qualify for an exemption issued by the state of residence.
There are more than 200 species of fish that can be found in Branson/Lakes Area and Missouri Lakes. In Branson, trout and bass fishing are the very best. Anyone who fishes here must have the appropriate lifetime, annual or daily fishing permit, or qualify for an exemption.
To get a copy of the Missouri Fishing Regulations booklet from the Missouri Department of Conservation, call 1-800-781-1989.